Wednesday, March 19, 2008

My Birthday


Well, Friday, March 14th was my 24th Birthday. This year was pretty dissapointing I have to say. Not to make anyone feel bad, but I feel I have to be honest.


When I got to work Friday morning, my best friend had left me a cinnamon roll for breakfast! That was really nice. She gave me a card that had the most perfect picture of two young girls on the front (one a little older than the other,) and inside the card said, "In another time and place, I think we were sisters... Happy Birthday!" It was awefully perfect!


My hubby made me a card too and left it on my desk from the night before. His had a picture we took of our footprints in the sand at Pismo Beach and it said, "Talk about leaving your mark on the world!!! (you've certainly left one on me.) Inside he wrote his sincere feelings about me and that was really nice to hear. His gift to me is going to be a pedicure for me and Leslie after we get paid at the end of the month and Les is going to take me shopping to buy some new "work" clothes!
Later that day, some girlfriends and I headed up to Wonder Valley for the 10th annual CHCC Women's Retreat. It was a hectic afternoon just trying to get on the road. We got there after dinner and just in time to miss my vocal sound check, so they cut my song for the session. We did make it in time to be at the first session and that was nice. But again, nobody remembered it was my birthday. So, we scrounged for food in the dining hall after session and then went to our room and went to bed. That's it.


I have to say though, as much as I appriciate hubby and Les for the thoughful cards and well wishes, I do wish I could have 'opened' something on my birthday. But then again, I didn't specify that to anyone, so I am NOT complaining!


I think I have to come to grips with the fact that as I get older, Birthdays aren't such a big deal anymore. At least until we get to those "over the hill" years. So, I can accept that and move on. Maybe once we have kids, I will have a new outlet to live vicaiously through their birthdays!


Just as a P.S. If you ever want to know how to make me feel special, give me a gift I can OPEN!~

No comments: