Thursday, January 21, 2010

Brake Dancer!

Baby Nahum has begun to be quite active these days! I can feel him move around a LOT and lately have felt more severe kick-like, or jabbing feelings. I think he's trying to see how hard he has to work to get my attention. Steven says he's practicing his 'break dancing moves.' I don't mind though. Every time I feel him move, I am reminded that he is still alive and moving and that he IS a blessing to me (& us.) We feel SO blessed by this little boy already and are SO anxious to meet him!

I have also registered at Babies R Us so far and plan to register at Target as well. I took a couple of hours by myself to take my time looking around the store and reading the boxes and labels of lots of things. It was nice to have that time and nice to finally have that accomplished!

We are still in the process of moving the two bedrooms around to accommodate the baby. Steven has moved his instruments to what used to be the guest room. We are planning to sell the monstrous corner desk we have not been using and still have some boxes to unpack in that room too. Steven has also been very productive in organizing both closets so we can stay neat and tidy and have room for baby stuff when it starts coming.

We also are planning to replace the carpet in the nursery. It's original to the house (20+ years old) and we would both feel better knowing it was as CLEAN as possible for Nahum's health. Luckily we have good friends that own a flooring store and can get us some quality carpet, a new pad and installation for under $300! We are also planning to paint his room, so now we won't have to worry about paint getting on the carpet. Yay!

Besides that, we are enjoying all the Valley rain these days. Steven has started back to work and school and I recently got my AA Degree diploma in the mail from Reedley College! That's about all our news for now! Stay tuned...we'll have another ultrasound appointment and another class at Kaiser in early Feb.!

No comments: