Saturday, May 16, 2009

Female Family Felowship

Throughout the year many churches host various Women's Ministry events for their ladies and each of my family's churches are the same.

I have had the pleasure of attending two Women's Tea/Luncheon/Brunch events in the last month.

In April I attended a Ladies Luncheon at my Mom's church: Sierra View Community Church in Sanger, CA. The speaker at this event was a long-time friend of my in-law's family and the men of SVCC were dressed up and functioned as our wait-staff for the day. SO lovely to not have to get your own drink! Today I attended a Ladies Brunch and Fashion Show at my Grandmother's church: Salem Evangelical Free Church in Sanger, CA. The theme was "Recycled and Re-used." All the tables were decorated with either antique dishware and such, or items found at thrift stores and/or discount stores (like Dollar Tree.) The Fashion Show was a showcase of complete outfits purchased at thrift stores; ALL for $13.00 and UNDER!!! Really creative and quite impressive! They had raffle prizes for the women AND for the young ladies and little girls, I thought that was quite special to include the little ones too! I was so blessed to be able to spend time at each of these events with my Mom and BOTH of my Grandmothers. I treasure those times as we all get older.

No comments: