Saturday, May 16, 2009

Mother's Day 2009

This Mother's Day we hosted a full meal get-together for our immediate family at my parents' house in Sanger. Next year we can host at our own house, but our current house is too small for the whole family!

Steven BBQ'd his usual Tri Tip and some yummy salmon and veggies on the grill. (he's SO good at this!) I made stuffed mushrooms, a green salad, rice pilaf, cheesy cornbread muffins. We had angel food cake, and strawberries for dessert (my mother-in-law's fav.)

My brother Daniel helped me SO much! He set the table, helped make and bake the muffins and helped clean up afterwards. Such a trooper! We gave Debby a photo collage of our Estes family members in a frame and embellished with some scrapping materials. My mom got a new pair of summer pj's in blue (her fav color.) And I spent most of this past National Scrapbooking Day making a special book for my Grandma Alvera. Pictures of her and Grandpa, each of their sons and their wives, all of the married grandchildren and their spouses, the rest of the grandchildren and their great-grandson Clayton got his own page too! She really loved it. I never realized before, but Steven and I are the oldest grandchildren on all sides that are in the immediate area, so it has been our pleasure to coordinate/host Mother's Day for each family every year and we were so glad to have both the Estes and Schletewitz families together this year!

No comments: